Tham khảo xổ số miền bắcAt HSBC, we have a longstanding commitment to supporting the communities in which we operate. In 2019, we contributed USD101 million to charities and non-profit organisations running community projects globally. Our employees spent 257,000 hours volunteering during working hours.
A significant portion of our work is directed towards helping people develop the employability and financial skills they need to thrive.
Tham khảo xổ số miền bắcAdvancements in digital technology and events such as COVID-19 are rapidly changing how we work and live, and affecting people’s finances and livelihoods. That’s why we are committed to building future skills – for our customers, employees and people in the communities we serve.
We aim to offer industry-leading learning and development to our employees. In addition, we have set a goal to help 1 million people in our communities be more employable by the end of 2020.
Our recent projects on employment-related skills include:
- The HSBC Future Skills Innovation Challenge, a competition to recognise social enterprises that are helping people develop the skills needed to get a job, manage their money and build a successful future
- A new Future Skills curriculum in HSBC University to help prepare our people for the future of work
- Supporting the Technovation Girls programme, which helps girls and women develop skills to be leaders in an increasingly tech-centric future
Financial capability means having the skills, attitudes and tools needed to manage money effectively. We aim to help our customers build their financial capability and we have set a goal to help 1 million people in our communities be more financially capable by the end of 2020.
Our recent financial capability projects include:
- Better enabling customers to access a broad range of banking products and services from their homes, including through remote consultations and sales
- Card control features in the UK, Hong Kong and Mexico, which allow customers to better control their card spending by receiving real-time alerts on card activity and activating gambling blocks
- Pledging USD4 million to JA Worldwide to help young people worldwide learn to manage their money effectively through a new mobile app and classroom-based learning
Our plans to support climate solutions and innovationTham khảo xổ số miền bắc includes a philanthropic programme to donate USD100 million to scale climate innovation ventures, renewable energy and nature-based solutions between now and 2025.
Tham khảo xổ số miền bắcIn addition to our support of future skills and climate solutions we also earmark roughly a quarter of funding for causes that are important to communities across our network, reflecting local needs, such as environmental protection or healthcare.
We are also committed to providing financial and other help in response to unforeseen and sudden challenges including natural disasters, humanitarian crises and pandemics such as COVID-19.
Our COVID-19 donation fund
Tham khảo xổ số miền bắcHSBC’s USD25 million fund is supporting relief and recovery efforts worldwide.
The edge of disruption
The future is digital, but could growth driven by disruptive technologies come at a cost?
Navigating towards a global COVID recovery
Sustainability and technology are vital for bouncing back from the pandemic, HSBC research shows.
How banking will change after COVID-19
Tham khảo xổ số miền bắcThe pandemic and new technologies will have a permanent impact on the industry, says HSBC's Kevin Martin.